Seven years ago today......
Okay….got to the hospital at 6:30am, and they set me up in my room. The doc came in to check on me at 8:00, and they were just getting my iv started. I was almost a 3 by then, and the doc broke my water…didn’t feel too good, cause my cervix was still pretty tender. They finally got my iv in, and the Pitocin started by 8:15. As soon as the drip started, I had a pretty good contraction (just from the water breaking). Five minutes later the nurse came in and turned off the Pitocin cause she had to go to the OR and wouldn’t be able to monitor me very closely.
Well, I thought she just turned it down, cause my contractions were pretty hard. They still hadn’t become too regular, though. By 9:00 I was ready for drugs, but it was still too early for the epidural. So, I got some Nubain . AAAHHHH heaven…lol! Immediately my whole body relaxed, but I was still able to feel the contractions and was having to breathe through them. At 11, I was miserable again. I mean MISERABLE!! There was no comfy position to be in, and I wanted my epi!! So, the nurse checked me and I was only a 4! But since my cervix had thinned significantly, the doc agreed I could get my epi!! I just kept thinking, “yay in about 15 min I will be feeling soooo much better”!
Well, it took a little longer than that, but finally I got it! By the time he got it in, I was in so much pain and the contractions were right on top of each other…not fun! The epi didn’t numb me completely. My right leg still had pain…really weird. With each contraction, my leg would hurt…the doc offered to redo, but I said…”uh, no”! So, the nurse checked me again at 11:45, and I was 7-8 and 85% effaced.
I thought that I still had a couple hours to go to get to 10 and then push for another hour…well, Hayley had different plans! Just as I was getting really good and relaxed and breathing through my “leg contractions”, the nurse checked me and I was complete. This happened at 12:45! So, by 1:00 they wanted me to try to push. I pushed for like a second, then they made me stop cause Hayley’s head was almost out!
I laughed (yes, laughed) at them and told them they were nuts, cause I hadn’t even pushed yet! So, we had to wait for the doc to get her gear on, and I had to be still for fear my contractions would just push her on out. So, after 3 more small pushes, she was completely out!! 30 min later my epi was out and all was well again…until the epi wore off…lol! So, from iv time to delivery time was 5 hours!!! Unbelievable!!



No comments:
Post a Comment