Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beginning of the End....or End of the Beginning....oh, who knows?!?!

Well, I did it. I talked about doing it. I needed to do it. And now I have. I got a job. A job outside of the home. A job that requires business casual attire not pjs. A job that requires actual shoes not my Keds flip flops. A job that requires me to fix my hair everyday with a straightener not just a ponytail. A job that requires make up! A job that requires interaction with adults not children. And most of all a job that requires me to leave my house.....eeeeekkkkk!!!!!! ;o)

Actually, it isn't so bad. And with the help of our good, dear, totally awesome, completely stupendous, really fabulous friends, the Marchal's, our adjustment hasn't been too hard. Add to the fact that I get off work in time to pick up the little ones from school, I can't complain too much...oh, and I get paid money now. That's good, too!

Now, I am reaping the benefits of not just a paycheck, but cake days, potluck lunches, gift exchanges....you know all the important stuff you forget about. I am also fortunate to work with some nice people. After relying on tv to see how people interact for nearly a decade, I was pretty worried that I'd get voted off or something. Luckily, I have joined up with a strong alliance and have a good relationship with the leader, so I think I am safe for now. ;o)

And as my good friend, Kristi has pointed out on more than one occasion, this work business is getting in the way of many things....hanging out with my girls, reading, walker pickup and blogging. I'll try to do better as we get a good routine down.

1 comment:

JKMN said...

You've been doing great - I am proud of you. But how did you survive a whole week with sick kids?