Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

So, you've just started a new job and your kids now have a week off for Thanksgiving. What do you do??? You thank your lucky stars that your parents are retired, and that gas is super cheap again, and beg them to come stay with your children so you don't have to shell out $100s of dollars on daycare! Let me just say....I love my parents! ;o) They came down on Sunday before Thanksgiving to stay with the girls. They had lots of stuff planned and actually hardly spent any time at home. Bill ended up being sick, so he stayed home on Tues and Wed. My dad took on some "honey-do" items for me one of which included installing a new light fixture in our kitchen as the nasty flourescent light died on us.

One of the bribes for getting my parents to come stay with the girls, was the promise that I would provide Thanksgiving Dinner. I had never cooked T-Dinner before, so this was exciting...lol! My mom helped me shop and picked up the tab for some of the items. My MIL came with her hubby and my SIL with her two kids. And, I invited our dear friends the Marchal's over. So, we ended up with 16 people at our house. It actually turned out really well. The kids spent most of their time upstairs in the game room playing Sing Star and HSM Sing It on the PS2. I even got Marchal to do a duet with her oldest daughter. It was fun!

After everyone left, the girls and I settled in for a game of Uno Attack of which Sydney was the queen! Then we headed to bed so that Bill and I could be at Kohl's at 4am the next morning...whew!

No comments: