Friday, July 4, 2008

Maggie's 1st Vacation

Maggie insists that she be able to tell you all about this trip in her own words. She has asked that I translate so that us humans can try to comprehend her language....LOL!

I am sitting in my dining room watching my mom pack suitcases. I wonder where she takes them, and why won't she ever take me, too? I will just sit here on top of the biggest one, maybe she won't notice.

My dad took that huge, black creature out of the house this morning. Perhaps it will be gone for good this time....the worst day of my life them bringing that beast into my home! Now it seems all of my humans along with their stuff are getting in the big, white machine. Well, except for my mom, who just shut the front door in my face. I really want to go with her this time, so how to get her attention....aw, yes, the bite mom on the leg trick. Works every time! Much better, she is carrying me through the house into the garage....wait, maybe I better rethink this plan. Do I really want to get inside that big, white machine? Nope, don't think so. Oh, bugger, I am in!

Now this machine is moving.....pretty quickly....yep, I am done. Thanks for the ride, you can let me out any time. Oooooh, that spot with the green, green grass looks great, just stop here and let me out. Seriously, aw, c'mon you passed it! Good help is sure hard to find. Oh, well, I guess I will just take a tour of this machine. Maybe it isn't all bad. At least all of my humans are here. Yawn, maybe a catnap is in order. Hey, this is a great spot in the floor, very relaxing, I'll just take little snooze right here.


Hey, what is going on now? Why are you rolling down your window? OMG, there is a person, please, don't give me to that person....it would be really bad for you if you try to hand me through your window to that person. I'm outta here! Whew, that disaster was averted....what's that I smell? Chicken? Oooh, I love chicken, but those humans never share their chicken with me. Oh, well, back to napping.

Okay, now what?!? Everytime I get good and comfy, we stop this machine. Oh, great a building, a door, a room. Yep, I am gonna hide. This place is nuts, and so not my house! My humans have left, I should probably investigate while they are gone. On second thought I have a really great hiding place, they'll never find me here. Oh, they are back and calling my name. Yep, I am not moving, they will never find me! Wait, what if they might have a treat for me....yep, there is my mom talking about treat, treats. I better see what is going on. Just let me peek my head out this little hole in the box springs, oh, I see her and the treat. Unfortunately, it was easier squeezing into this hole, than getting out. There's dad, too, oh, thank goodness he made the hole bigger, now I can get to my treat....awwwww bliss!

Well, I have spent a couple of days checking this place out, and it isn't so bad after all. There is a tall cabinet I can sit on to see all of my humans. There is a sink where I can beg to play in the water. There is a bathroom, just like at home where I can follow my mom. My laptop is here, so I can get warm. Yep, all the luxuries of home, except no tweet, tweets that I can see. There sure is a lot of banging going on around here. But I have my hiding place all staked out if some unsavory character tries to come inside this room! Yep, I am starting to think of this as my new home. It's not so bad really. If only they would take me outside for some of that yummy green grass I saw on the way, then I would be set!


Are you kidding me??? The suitcases again?!? What is up with you humans and these suitcases?!? Just don't even think about taking me with you this time. I love this room. I never want to leave this room. No, seriously.....oh, bugger it, I am back in the big, white machine. Maybe this time I can find a way out. Nope, just as secure as last time. Well, there is nothing that can be done about it. I'll just take a catnap.


Not now, mom, I am sleeping. No, leave me, don't take me out of here. I like it here......oh, wait, I see, it can't be, is it really.....my house, my kitchen floor.....aw, bliss! Thank you, thank you....I will never ask to go outside ever again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure Maggie had a lot more to say, but I like what you "translated"! I also am sure she's glad someone finally understood her enough to post it on their blog... even if it is her mom!!

Lisa said...

Molly is sooooooo jealous a cat gets to go on such an adventure AND blog about it.