On Friday, Bill had to actually go into the refinery to work. I let him take the rental car until he could make sure that there would be someone working there to give him a ride back to Lafayette. So, that meant the girls and I were stranded at the hotel. No biggie, we stay home a lot when we are at home, right?
Because of the threat of rain for the afternoon, our first stop after breakfast was the playgrounds....yes I said playgound-s. There was a small one near our room, and we started there first. It was neat to see them actually get to play on a teeter totter and monkey bars!!! I took tons of pictures.....some just too precious for words! After a few minutes, we headed off to the bigger playground at the back of the property. Again, lots and lots and lots of precious pictures were taken. After we got all hot and tired and decided to head back in and cool off, I decided that I wanted a picture with me and the girls. Being the only souls out there that morning, I couldn't ask someone to take our picture. No, biggie, my camera has the self-timer function....so what if I have never used it before....how hard can it be? Isn't this a very precious picture???

Yeah, and it is the only one I have from that morning as I somehow deleted the others while trying to use the self-timer! No kidding!!!!!! ugh!!! But it is so precious, right?!? ;o)
After cooling off, we headed for a dip in the indoor pool. We were the only souls there, too.....very nice!!!! We stayed for about 1 1/2 hours, then headed back to our room to change for lunch. Still stranded at the hotel, we tried out the hotel for lunch, and it was better than our dinner the night before. Thank goodness! LOL!!! After lunch we headed back to our room to play our wii....we thought. Turns out you can't really hook up video games to those pretend video/audio jacks on the front of a hotel tv....bugger it!
I emailed Bill and asked if he could come back and have dinner with us. They were just about to get heavy into their work, so he came to the hotel and we drove him straight back to work....this way we had transportation and not be stuck at the hotel. The girls and I decided to try an actual seafood restaurant for dinner. The hotel recommended one called Prejean's. I admit the atmosphere was great.....red/white checkered tablecloths, cool 3D mural on the wall, country-ish, fish tank with turtles in it, etc. The food.....well, not so great. As you all know, Emyley had fried crawfish, which she says tastes like chicken. Syd and Hayley had the popcorn shrimp, and they liked it at first, but not so much as they kept eating. I tried a Lemon Mesquite-Grilled Snapper that came with a sauce covered rice dish. I am not a fishy fish eater, so the Snapper wasn't that great to me, and the rice was not completely cooked. They did have AWESOME Sweet Tea, though! LOL! I wouldn't really recommend this place, unless you know your seafood and what to order.
After we left the restaurant, there was a beautiful rainbow outside. Sydney managed to get this picture of the restaurant with the rainbow in the background! Very pretty!

From there, we headed back to the hotel where Em promptly pulled her first tooth and then on to the arcade. Didn't take long for us to run out of change, so off to bed we went.



No comments:
Post a Comment