Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good Morning to Us!

We were awakened at 6:45 this morning to the sound of rain, thunder, lightning and HAIL! It sounded like someone was throwing baseballs on our roof! Bill woke up and said, "Is that hail? The poor cars.", then went right back to sleep. I, being curious, had to get up and check it out. As I was walking downstairs, I met Sydney in the hallway, and then Emyley and Hayley followed right behind us! My dad was already up and in the front room and told us that it had been hailing for awhile. Then he went back to bed. Then a couple minutes later, my mom joined us downstairs! I guess hail is a "girl thing" since we were the only ones interested while the men-folk were sleeping! LOL! And since I had just been awakened by the storm, it took me a good ten minutes to think to grab the camera, so actually, there was a lot more on the ground before I took the pictures...the road was completely covered when we first got downstairs. But it is melting fast and at least we finally got some rain.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oooo... Glad it wasn't too bad!

Hail always freaks me out. LOL

JKMN said...

Nice way to wake up in the morning, huh? Check out the pictures I just posted - our house was hit HARD!