Saturday, December 6, 2008

Parade of Lights 2008

So, another year, another PTA float, another win! Whoop, whoop!! I didn't get to help out this year because after work, I was bushed! But, they managed to pull it off without me. LOL!!!!! My friend Joni was the big organizer and kept lists to keep everyone organized. Everytime I got an update email, I thought she was nuts!! There seemed to be so much to do and so little time. The theme was a Hollywood Christmas, and they decided to do a float of Christmas Vacation with the Griswolds. Of course, it never is just one trailer, this year they did 4 trailers!! The first scene was the house doused in lights. The second scene was the living room with the burning tree and fried cat. The third scene was Cousin Eddie's Winnebago. The fourth scene was presents. The float was not only doused in lights, but included artwork from every student. It was truly a magical float and deserved the win it received (for the 5th year)!! This year, the committee managed to get some news coverage on NBC5 as well as a couple of news articles: http://mckinneynews.net/news.php?nid=10531&cat=4 and http://www.mesquitenews.com/articles/2008/12/12/mckinney_courier-gazette/news/9731.txt.

I have created another SHE production video as I was able to take pics and video this year. And just note that at the end of the parade video, walking behind the float, is Hayley's Brownie Troop and Emyley's Daisy Troop. Emyley and Sydney were both sick with the stomach bug, so they missed the parade. Hayley decided to hang with mom during the parade, so she didn't walk, either...which was a good thing as she got sick later that night.

Anyway, enjoy the video. Joni & Steph, if I forgot any pertinent details, please post them!!!

1 comment:

JKMN said...

Sorry I've been so behind on blogs! I hadn't seen the video yet - WOW - we looked really bright!