I'm not even sure what all has happened since that first day of school, but I know it has kept us all busy! I'll see if I can come up with a recap for you all....
The first week of school, I didn't really get to enjoy the whole "having the house to myself" thing as I had hoped. I spent alot of my time helping out in the school. I had intended to clean up the house, but that didn't happen (and still hasn't happened)...oh, I did get the living room rearranged and the base boards cleaned. The girls love school and spent the week adjusting to new schedules. Emyley lost her 2nd tooth on the 2nd day of school! It was particularly hard for Sydney who had to get up an hour earlier than her sisters since her school starts an hour earlier. Since she is a late sleeper, that was really difficult on her. She really enjoys her violin and math classes.
The Saturday of Labor Day weekend, Bill and the girls spent the day at Nana's watching the OU football game. The girls ended up spending the night, while Bill drove home at 1:00am (crazy!). Sunday was designated as Gavin day, and so we made the drive back up to Nana's that morning. We spent the day visiting with everyone, and were happy that Grace and Gunter got to make the trip, too....along with Charlie the dog! LOL! I still didn't manage to get a family picture of Steve and his gang....ugh! We had hoped to make it onto the lake that day, but Bill and I had to leave early for a get-together at my friend Stephanie's house. The girls were pretty disappointed, so we left them there to spend the night again. They got to go out on the lake that evening and spend more time with Grace & Gunter...so they were all happy! Monday, Bill and I went back up to Nana's and spent some time on the boat and then had some yummy ribs and chocolate cake! It was a crazy weekend!
So, after that big of a weekend, you can imagine how all of my girls were so excited to get back to school.....NOT! I had a big day planned on that Tuesday that included lunch with my girls: Steph, Joni and Kathleen!!! Sydney ended up calling me around 11 to pick her up from school, and she spent the rest of the day recovering from her big weekend on the couch! My lunch date was great, though. We went to Spoons in downtown McKinney....my first visit, and I had a great BLT sandwich and pasta salad. I can't wait to go back!! And it was fun to hang out with my friends without any business (PTA) talk....can't wait to do that again, too! The rest of the week was spent helping out at the school.
That weekend we did....nothing! It was nice! But it was back to business on Monday with more volunteering at the school. I helped out in Emyley's class that morning. For a group of 16 5 year olds, they are very well behaved and quiet!!! I was amazed! I also volunteered in the library which was fun and right up my alley....cause you all know how I don't like to read at all....LOL!!!! I did get some days at home this past week, but I chose to spend most of it on the computer, couch and tv! LOL! There was some excitement (anxiety) when my PTA Treasurer books had to be audited due to my friend Kathleen stepping down as President. I hope not to have to go through that again until the end of the year.....hint hint Marchal!
That brings us to yesterday when Bill and the girls along with Chloe spent the morning walking in the American Heart Association Heartwalk in downtown Dallas. I was pretty nervous about him taking Chloe because she is such a menace when people come over to our house.....barking, growling and trying to bite. But she was on her best behavior and only growled at someone (the president of Bill's company) once! LOL!! She spent the rest of the day pooped out and sprawled on the couches....2 miles was a long walk for her! ;o)


I spent the day yesterday creating the new Minshew PTA website. This will be my first website from scratch (no wizards involved)....scary! Right now I am just trying to decide which software I want to use, so I spent the day playing around with a couple of them. I found out this will be a much larger undertaking that I had thought, but it will also be great practice! Today will be laundry, cleaning, family banner day, so we can get ready for another week of school and volunteering!



3 comments:
I totally understand your pain Steph. I JUST got caught up on my laundry this weekend. Sad.. but true. I love you girl!! :)
Whew, I'm worn out just reading about your schedule! :)
Love the pics.
ha i just cleaned my house today for the first time in FOREVER! Your house looks Cute. Oh and your dog is sweet even if it tried to bite my hand off just kiddin. Ha Ha Ha Ha i love the picture of the dog on the couch. Pricless.. so flippn cute. xoxoxo
Post a Comment