Friday afternoon we took off to my parents house to spend the rest of the weekend. They are redoing their kitchen, and my dad had installed part of the cabinets. It looks really, really good! We visited Ken's Pizza for my favorite Pepperoni & Mushroom Thin Crust pizza with Alpine Dressing on the side. Then we went to the new Super Wal-Mart that opened there in March. I did not feel like I was in Chandler any longer when I walked in! It was nuts!
Saturday, we made plans to go to Okla City so I could visit a store called Gordman's that my mom loves, loves, loves! It was a really cool store, and if I had lots of spare money, I would have brought home tons of my favorite country and americana decor! We stopped by Mimi's Cafe for a late lunch/brunch and then headed to a couple of other stores before heading back home.
M
y dad decided to bypass the Turnpike and take Route 66 home from the city. He kept trying to describe this new restaurant/tourist spot in Arcadia called Pops. Nothing prepared us for the real thing, though! It is essentially a gas station, convenient store and restaurant (think Target snack bar) with a pop bottle theme that is a huge tourist trap. They have thousands of pop bottles all over the store and had some interesting flavors that you could buy: Route 66 Root Beer, Round Barn Root Beer, Outlaw Orange Creme, Route 66 Black Cherry and Jack Black's Orange Stash to name a few. We were very surprised by the number of people crammed into this little space...it was very amusing to me!.jpg)
Sunday, we headed back home and picked Chloe up from her vacation. Now, we just have to get back into the routine of things before school starts up in two weeks!



1 comment:
Nice t-shirt! Glad you had a fun trip. And yes - very nervous about getting back into the school routine.
Post a Comment