Since moving to McKinney and Sydney starting her school career, we have opened 2 new elementary schools! Amazing, right?!? Well, the tradition continues (and stops) as this year, we open the new middle school! CRAZY! Wednesday was schedule pickup day, and we finally got a peek inside the new school. I have to admit to being pretty nervous about this whole middle school idea, as I remember how kids act (especially girls) at this time in their lives. But after being inside the school, and walking Syd's schedule through with her (all of her classes are in the same hallway), I am feeling more mellow about it all (Syd is too). I will continue to be on alert, though, as I know there are going to be issues! It should be an interesting journey to say the least! ;o)
One very cool thing about schedule pickup day, was they also took the students' pictures! Yep, picture day has already come and gone, for Syd anyway! YAY! I loved this, as Syd was able to wear something really nice and take a great picture.



2 comments:
What an exciting day! I will be sending special thoughts your way as you send your oldest out the door on her first day of middle school. That's a huge transition but you have awesome kids and Sydney is going to do great!
Wow!
Abby's in her last year of middle school in our district. Next year is Jr. High! Oi!
Glad to hear that things are going well so far :)
Post a Comment