Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An Old Favorite Rediscovered

We have rediscovered an old favorite game of mine....Mad Libs. Do you all remember these? I was in the 5th grade and my older sister, who was a senior in high school, invited me and my cousin, Jason, to a halloween party at the school. Jason and I thought we were hot stuff being invited to a high school party! LOL!! I remember our costumes well....he was a hobo and I was a punk rock bag lady with a real live black trash bag for a dress! LOL! There are pics somewhere in my house, but I think we will just leave those be! Anyway, one of the games we played was Mad Libs. From then on, I was hooked.....until I grew up! ;o)

While we were at Wal-Mart the other day, I saw a Mad Libs book for Speed Racer, and the mania started up again. Sydney and I scoured the internet and found an auction for 12 books and we won it! Our books showed up yesterday and now the girls are hooked! Especially Hayley who is a puzzle book fiend like me! We have had a lot of fun with these books so far! So, if you haven't checked them out in awhile or don't know what they are, I highly recommend picking one up at the store. They are a great source of family fun and help kids learn parts of speech as well as increasing their vocabulary!

4 comments:

Bill Mullen said...

And you get great inside jokes that make people laugh like 121 ecrue elbow prints!

Jen said...

I *heart* mad libs too!

Cranium has a game out that is similar that is a lot of fun too!

Lisa said...

I've never heard of it before. Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Stephanie said...

The best thing to do is use paper to write down the words. It allows the story to be reused over and over again. It's the best way to do Mad Libs ever!! Glad your family are enjoying such a timeless fun thing.