Well, the last day of school finally arrived!! We started out the morning with our last Colt RoundUp of this year. Sydney received the Principal's Award and was recognized for the many groups that she participated in this year!! YAY! She was also recognized for staying "blue" for her entire Minshew career! More YAY! Hayley was recognized for staying on "blue" all year, and they were both recognized for having had their leader badges all year long! Whew!
After RoundUp, Em & I headed to Hayley's class for her party. I was so glad that we went because her teacher presented each student with their folders of good stuff and a special award. Hayley was her class's Amazing Author! She wrote a wonderful story, and we will share it with you all soon! Em & I then popped in on Syd's party....which was way more low-key than Hayley's...LOL! Sydney wanted to stay for the whole day, but Hayley decided to come on home.
So, at 3, we all headed back up to the school to pick up Sydney and watch her, along with all of the 5th graders, take their "Elephant Walk"! It was really fun to see them walk the Minshew hallways for the last time.
When we got home with the report cards, both girls had earned all 4s! YAY!! And, I almost forgot, Sydney picked out the violin on Tuesday to play next year in Orchestra. What a crazy week we had! Summer, here we come!
So, sit back and enjoy another SHE Production - The Last Day of School!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Last Day & Elephants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Woo-hoo! Sounds like your girls had an excellent year as well!
I think Syd will love the violin. Abby has had a blast with the cello this year. We got a violin to practice on over the summer months since she can't bring the cello home.
You must be sooooo proud!! Awesome accomplishments for Syd and Hayley. I would have been bawling my eyes out during the elephane walk.-lol
I can't believe how emotional I just got watching your video of the elephant walk. I will be a basketcase next year when Laiken does that!
Congrats to Hayley! That was a very impressive compliment. I know you are so proud of your great girls!!
Such sweet girls! Love the violin - I played it back in the old days!
Post a Comment