Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yes, Keep......No, Delete

So, last night was the American Idol Finale, and I figured since I let you all in on our obsession with David Cook, I at least owe you an update, so sit back, and try to keep up.......

It all began at 7:00pm and with a two hour finale, we let TiVo take over. At almost 8:00pm, we all settled in to watch and see if our fave made the cut. So, after sitting through (and fast forwarding through) many good and silly performances by previous contestants and some big stars....YAY Carrie Underwood....the time finally came for the big announcement.





Ryan Seacrest: ".......the winner of American Idol Season 7 by 12million votes is.........David"

TiVo: "Yes, Keep this Recording - No, Delete this Recording."

Steph: "WHAT?!?!?!?"
Bill: "Are you kidding me?!?!?"
Steph: "OMG....that is hilarious!! The TiVo actually stopped recording right as he said "David"!!!"
Girls: "So who won??"
Steph: "Wait, the computer TiVo (yes, I said computer TiVo....long story) was recording, too!"

Up we all race to the front room and gather around the computer.

Steph: "Aw, it already switched channels to CBS! Quick, get on the internet, but don't look at any headlines."
Bill: "This computer is way too slow!"
Steph: "I'll turn my laptop back on."

As the Internet finally begins to load on both computers, the news comes on in the living room. A clip of "You are my Brother" begins to play.

Steph: "It's coming on in the living room! Quick...."

So, we all race to the living room. Hayley is excited to see that silly man sing that brother song again. Then the clip we have all been waiting for....

Ryan Seacrest: ".......the winner of American Idol Season 7 by 12million votes is"

I pause the TiVo because I notice that Bill didn't follow us into the living room. Then....

Bill, yelling from the front room: "David Cook won!"
Steph: "Nooooooooooooo, you didn't just do that!"
Bill, walking into the living room now: "Oh, oops!"
Sydney: "It says it on the tv screen, too."

So, I push play and hear the winner finally announced by Ryan Seacrest! Oh, well, at least David Cook won and 66 of those 12 million votes that he won by was ours! YAY!

So, what have we learned:
a. The Mullens have entirely too many TiVos.
b. The Mullens watch entirely too much TV.
c. The Mullens are obsessed with American Idol!
d. All of the Above and proud of it!

I guess there are worse things in life we could be, right?!? ;o)

Photo: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/American-Idol/ss/events/en/081902americanidol/s:/nm/20080522/tv_nm/idol_dc_11;_ylt=Aq4pA4zbc31yC7j0UqPD5OXAGL8C#photoViewer=/080522/482/90286f66d53741988886ec9f4226d872

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry but this had me cracking up. I'm sorry it was so suspenseful!

:lol:

Danielle said...

Too flippin' funny!!!!

JKMN said...

You are hilarious. It is so annoying how the DVR gets you at just the right time. Just the other day it didn't record the first run of Top Chef so it could record Max & Ruby instead. I was so annoyed. BTW - we have Tivo in one room and Time Warner DVR in the other, so if one messes up, the other one usually gets it right!