Monday, April 14, 2008

The Difference Between Cats and Dogs......

This weekend I got it into my head to buy Maggie (yes, the cat) a harness so she could go outside for "walks". After 3 tries to buy the right size, we finally got it right today. The girls didn't have school, so off we went on our pet adventure!

We decided to give Maggie the first walk. So, with her on the table, I put her harness on her. Her attitude was hilarious....she literally hung her head down as if to say, "I am sooooo embarrassed!". Well, when we went to put Chloe's old leash on her, Chloe freaked out!! She started whining and throwing a fit, so we decided to give her the first walk. She doesn't get many walks, so she isn't trained on the leash. She just likes to fly! Sydney said she would run with her, whew! I certainly couldn't keep up. Our "lake" across the street has a trail now, so we decided to take it. We had a great time.

Now, Maggie on the other hand, when it was time for her walk, didn't want to go at all! She stayed on the sidewalk for about 5 minutes!
Then when she did decide to walk, she belly crawled only a few steps and stopped again! It was hilarious. I am sure that having all of us laughing at her didn't help much, either, but it was great! We decided to take her across the street, too, and she finally perked up a little. But I got scared since I don't know what kind of plants are growing over there that she was trying to eat, and we decided to head back across the street. Maggie is now sleeping curled up on her favorite blankie. I doubt she will ever let me put that harness on her again, but she may surprise us.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think someone from PETA will be contacting you about this whole "cat on a harness" thing! That was hilarious--thanks for sharing!!