Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year, New Goals??

So, it's the new year. The holidays are behind us, finally, and the kids have gone back to school. This is my last semester to have Emyley all to myself. I am pretty excited about that now, but ask me in about 7 months, and I may tell a different story.

I have not really been big on resolutions in the past, but after reading my friend Kathleen's blog about resolutions, I started thinking. There are definitely some things in my life I would like to change. Okay, okay resolutions for the new year:

  • Adopt a Healthy Lifestyle - Okay, if you read between the lines there, you know I mean lose weight. But it is so easy to get caught up in the numbers, that the fact that your body is getting healthier falls away. So, I want to eat better and get active, and let the scales do whatever they may....but they better go down! ;o)


  • Be Money Smart - Again, reading between the lines, I am tired of being broke! Everytime we seem to breakthrough the money barrier, we get lost again. So, I want to be smarter with the way we budget and spend our money. Oh, and build up some savings, yeesh!


  • Be Patient with my children & my husband - This would of course be stop yelling at the children and getting frustrated with my husband. I have not quite figured this one out, yet, so any ideas send them my way. ;o)


  • Don't be so serious, have fun everyday, more quality time with family, get rid of guilt, blah, blah, blah!


I am sure there are many others, but off the top of my head those are what stick in my mind the most. I went to the library today and since I couldn't find any good fiction books (SHOCK) to read, I picked up a couple of recipe books and a finance book. I'll be sure to pass on any tips and recipes I find.

2 comments:

randi said...

Ok so I joined Lifetime are you still going? We have to meet there!

JKMN said...

Or you could always walk with me and my dog...after it gets a little warmer - cold today!