Monday, January 28, 2008

Long time....

Wow, I didnt' realize it had been so long since I had blogged! When we went to Chandler this last time, I decided that I wanted to do a special blog about our hometown. Well, coming up with the execution of the plan has had me stuck, so I haven't blogged! So that's my excuse!

Things are going pretty good here. Sydney and Hayley both came home last Wednesday with awesome report cards!!! We are so proud of them!

I started teaching an after school camp for six girls. The subject is beginning embroidery...which is new to me, too. I only started doing it myself last year! It is fun, and the girls seem to really be enjoying it. Emyley is a big helper in the class and can't stop talking about one of the girls in the class. It is too cute!

Bill had his 35th birthday on Friday. And while he didn't get the PS2 and Guitar Hero that he wanted, I did get him a couple of power tools. He has a 'building-bug', so I figured tools would help accomplish tasks more than the PS2!! ;o) He did put together a work table from scratch on Saturday, so I guess I was right! LOL!

Oh, and for those of you who like to cook or just enjoy new recipes.....a friend of mine and her mom's group has started a great recipe blog called Hot Moms Cook! And she even took my suggestion to have recipes with just a few ingredients to heart...thanks, Joni!!!

Okay, coming soon, I will begin my hometown series. I think I have my plan, but I may just have to play it by ear!

Side Note: Bill likes for me to have an actual picture in my blog posts because then it shows up on his google page with a picture. Well, I didn't have a specific picture for this post, so I used our old family picture from Nov 2003! Let's see if I can figure this out....Sydney is almost 7, Hayley is 2 1/2 and Emyley is almost 1. Yes, I'd say we are overdue for a new portrait!

3 comments:

Jen said...

:) Nice to see you blog again! :)

Not that I didn't mind seeing the cat in the big red car. lol

JKMN said...

Good idea on the hometown series. On of these days I will do a history post...
And thanks for the shout out on the cooking blog. It has been fun!

Kelly said...

Laiken is LOVING the embroidery class. I'm hoping you will think about doing a more extended version this summer....just something to think about. :-)