Friday, June 1, 2007

Walt Disney World Countdown is On!!!

Well, we bit the bullet and decided to take a Disney vacation this year! Of course, after making that monumental decision, we had to decide when to go! Summer is out for us because it is just too busy to be enjoyable. We have done a vacation there in October for Halloween and really enjoyed it...low crowds and good weather. We also did one in March during Spring Break. Again, it was good weather and crowds. Well, the only problems with those times for this year, was that Spring Break had already passed and I did not want to wait a whole 'nother year! And then the girl's would not be having the big Fall Break that they had previously had, so October was out. In fact, there aren't a whole lot of breaks in the upcoming school year that would accommodate a good vacation. But, that would not deter us!

When browsing around at http://www.disneyworld.com I noticed that they were offering Free Dining with their Magic Your Way Packages. Everyone, I am sure, knows how expensive Disney food can be especially when you add in the character meals that are a must for our family! Those alone can run you over $100! The catch was that travel had to occur between 08/26 and 09/22! Well, the school year here starts August 27. There is Labor Day in there, but we were pretty sure that would be a busy day at Disney. So, we just decided for the first time ever, that our girls will have to miss a few days of school. I mean, it is Disney and Free Food! So, our dates were set: Sept 8-12 we will take on Disney!!!

Now, for another big decision...where do we stay??? Because there are 5 of us, our options were limited. We could stay in a deluxe resort or stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I really didn't have a care one way or the other, but Bill really wanted to experience staying at a monorail resort. The Contemporary was our first thought since it is quite a bit cheaper than the other two monorail resorts. But when I put the dates into the reservations system, the best rate of the three was actually the Grand Floridian!! I immediately started jumping up and down and almost even cried....The Grand Floridian is the place we have always wanted to stay, and guess what???? We are actually going to do it!! We have our reservations for the resort and our airfare and now we are in major countdown mode! So, I figure, I'll let you all countdown with us....so nice of me, huh?!? The official count is now at: 98days 13hours 25minutes!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, I'm so glad things are working out so well for you. Some things are just meant to be. :)