Eleven Years Ago Today.....- I was checking into Lawrence & Memorial Hospital in New London, Connecticut to be induced.
- I was fighting with the OB nurses who wanted to send me home since they were overbooked.
- My wonderful Doctor, whose name I cannot remember, stood his ground and I was admitted.
- I was checked into my birthing suite (which I never left again for 2 days!).
- I walked the hallways with Bill in determination to have a drug free labor and delivery.
- My water was broken for me.
- I stood in the shower while Bill directed the water onto my back where the labor pains were most intense - again still determined for drug free.
- I admitted my silliness and begged for some Stadol...as I was absolutely NOT going to have an epidural.
- I again admitted to silliness and begged for the epi.
- My mom was frantically calling my apartment where Bill and my dad had gone to let out the dogs since it was time to push - where was cell phones when we needed them, anyway?!?
- My epi was being turned OFF as ordered by a very mean doctor, who unfortunately I will never forget the name of! ugh!
- I pushed for about 5 hours with no luck and the doctor decided it was forceps time.
- At 11:51pm, Sydney Christine was welcomed into the world at 8lbs 6oz and 21" long!!
Happy Birthday, Sydney!
We love you!!





1 comment:
His name started with an L... Levinson? I think it was Levinson. I can see his face. He was very nice. I remember that night, like it was yesterday. It is a wonder, how we can remember moments like that after all this time, but can't remember a conversation we had last week.
If Sydney had any idea, the events that transpired those 3 days in the snow in Connecticut, she would not believe it. However, I have come to realize, that after eleven years, we are very lucky to have such a smart, beautiful, and caring young lady that came into this world in such a memorable way!
Post a Comment