Monday, July 23, 2007

Disney Tidbits, Tips and Fun Stuff!, part 2

While doing all of this Disney research, I have stumbled on some fun ideas and activities for before and during our trip.

  • Free Custom Disney Park Maps - If you go to http://www.disneyworld.com/, you can create your own park maps based on your favorite rides, attractions and shows. Disney will print the maps out in full-color and mail them to you FREE of charge! It took about 2 weeks for us to receive our maps and they are a great keepsake. Not really a map I would want to take to the parks with me, but it is a great souvenir! And FREE!


  • Printable Journal Pages - Because our girls will miss a couple days of school, I was really interested in finding out how other families approached the issue with their child's teacher. One suggestion was to create journal pages for your child to complete while on the trip. I found really great journal pages at: http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/kids/journal.shtml. I put each girl's journal in a folder and labeled the folder with their name and favorite Disney character. These will also make great souvenirs that they will appreciate more once they are older!


  • Stuffed Animal Fun! - If your child takes stuffed animals to Disney, the "mousekeepers" will arrange the animals after they have cleaned your room. Many stuffed animals have been found arranged on the bed with the tv remote in their "hands". Some have formed pyramids. This is just something cute to come "home" to after a long day at the parks!


  • Little Ones Early Magic Hour - This is a special time at Magic Kingdom where Fantasyland is open one hour early. Not only are the guests able to play and enjoy the attractions, many characters are out and about as well. I have read that this particular event is not very crowded and it allows for great interaction between the kids and characters. Wendy and Peter Pan like to play tag and hide & seek with the kids. Stitch likes to ride Dumbo with the kids. This is a must for us! I hope to be able to blog more about it once we are back!


  • Character Finder - If you are looking for a specific character, or just want to know which characters will be where you are going to be, you can go to this site: http://pscalculator.net/pswebtools.shtml#t006 and download an Excel spreadsheet.


  • Mousekeeping Tips - I am a very infrequent traveler, and I have to admit that I hadn't thought of ever tipping the housekeeper for my hotel room. I have since found these great envelopes to print, so that I can tip our mousekeeper: http://www.remleml.com/mouse/ Btw, she has lots of awesome disney printables on her site! I love it!


  • Photopass - Remember in the olden days when you went to an amusement park and right when you entered it, there would be a photographer there to take a family photo? Then you would have to go to their photo store and decide if you wanted to buy the photo. Well, Disney has come up with a new concept called a photopass. When you get stopped by one of the photographers, they take your picture and hand you a card. Then, any other times that you have your photo taken at any of the parks, that photographer will link those pictures to your card. When you get home from your vacation, you can then view all of your Disney pictures that are linked to your card. You can also upload your own photos to the photopass site. There are editing features available and you can use the Disney photos and your own photos to create a scrapbook of your vacation! The scrapbook is really cool. It comes with a very nice leather cover that is customized with your name and date. The pages are full-color pages and you are able to journal on them as well! I can't wait to get my photopass card, so I can order one of these! You can find more information by visiting: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/




1 comment:

JKMN said...

I remembered that I didn't give you any Disney tips on our trip, but you must know 10 times more than me anyway! I am so impressed by your research skills!