Yep, here we go with another Disney blog! I know everyone was just waiting on pins and needles looking for something else to read about Disney! Sydney gave me the go ahead, so here we go......I have learned many things since we decided to take our trip to Disney. Most of it was learned online and most of that was learned on the DIS Boards at WDWInfo.
Here are a few tips for keeping an organized hotel room, what to pack:
*Pack a collapsible hamper for your dirty clothes. This actually works for any trip and I recently used a hamper when we stayed at my mom's house this past weekend. I was able to take the full hamper and pack it in my suitcase. When it is time for laundry, I can just dump it in! Some people actually take 2 hampers and sort their clothes, too!
*Pack an Over the Door Shoe Organizer for Toiletries. I found one at the Dollar Tree and you just hang it over the bathroom door, to keep the clutter from around the sink and shower in your hotel.
*Pack a Power Strip/Surge Protector. This is handy for plugging in and charging all those electronics you just can't live without: digital camera, video camera, laptop, cell phone, etc. The hotel room never seems to have enough outlets to suit this purpose!
*Pack a small carry-on that holds clothes and necessities for one day. This is especially good for those who are going to Disney and using the Magical Express Service. It can take up to 3 hours to get your luggage, and if you are wanting to hit the parks right after checking into your room, then the carry-on would be great for freshening up. And there are the occassional times when the DME loses or misplaces your luggage until the next day. (Not sure if we are going to do this, but thought I would include it anyway.)*Copy all important information onto a small card and keep with you at all times. This would include things like flight numbers, reservation number, advanced dining reservation numbers, park hours, etc.
*If you like to drink lots of water, pack bottles of it in a suitcase and take it with you! I never would of thought of this. Not that we are big water drinkers, but I am thinking that taking along a 24pk might be a good idea. You have to be mindful of the 50lb limit on checked luggage. Also, if you use a suitcase expressly for this purpose, then when you come home, you have an empty suitcase ready to hold all those can't live without souvenirs! There also a couple of grocery delivery companies in the area who will (for a small fee) deliver not only water but groceries to your resort as well.
Part 2 coming soon.....



1 comment:
Oh, I might use that collapsable hamper idea for our trip to Colorado...
:) Thanks for posting that!
Post a Comment