Monday, February 26, 2007

BFF


Best Friends Forever....who'dve thought there was actual truth in those words when we were little? Amy and I have been friends since we were born, at least that's what our moms tell us. I have memories of us as young as 5 in our pjs, costume jewelry and jigsaw puzzles, but I think Amy can remember back further than that! We went to school together, and in typical girl fashion, we had our ups and downs, ins and outs. It is heartening to think that after all those ups downs, ins outs that we are still friends today. In fact, she is person I graduated with that I keep in touch with the most. We may go months without hearing from each other through email or phone calls, or even years without seeing each other in person. But get us together, and it's like we have never been apart! The last time I saw Amy, she only had 2 kids and Emyley had just been born. So it was quite the coup getting us all together with our husbands and children...our complete families! We had lots to catch up on....she just left the Navy and Guam, her husband is still in the Navy and they are headed to North Carolina for a 6 year tour. Her daughter looks so much like she did when she was little...I can still remember those yearbook photos of the girl with long, brown pigtails! I am just in awe, that despite life and all its obstacles, that we are still good friends today....bff!


The funniest thing about the picture above....which took 6 tries, btw. Everytime Bill would go to take the picture, he would say, "say....". As soon as we all said it, Cameron, the youngest boy, would immediately jump and say, "I wanna see, I wanna see!" usually before the camera even had time to get the picture. So, in this picture, Bill was able to get the shot before he actually jumped up!! It was too funny and had us all rolling in the floor laughing!!

No comments: