Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Hayley!

Ever since the beginning of this school year, Hayley has been counting the days until her 6th birthday so that she could have her first official birthday party. Well, we finally made it, and the party was a great success!! She invited all 11 of the girls in her class. We had a great turn out with a total of 7 girls. The girls enjoyed a great time of playing, bead crafts, dress-up, playing, games, cake, playing, presents, and oh, yeah, did I mention playing?! I think everyone had a great time!
The theme for the party was Tinkerbell, and we bought a Tinkerbell Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robbins. Although it was delicious and beautiful, that will probably be our last Ice Cream Cake until I can learn to make it myself. It was very pricey, but it was Hayley's first party, and we wanted it to be a great one!
And, the girls dressed up like fairies (without wings) in skirts, haloes and lollipop magic wands. After dress-up, the fairies played pin the horn on the unicorn. We then had cake and presents then they were off to more playing! I think everyone had a great time. Bill printed out this picture of the girls for them to take home with their goody bag. After all was over, I went to bed and stayed there until Monday! I think it was a well-deserved break!! ;-)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ah, I'm glad to hear the party went well.

Your cake was gorgous. I wouldn't have known it was an Ice cream cake if you didn't say. Around here, they look pretty much like a sheet cake. :)

Happy birthday Hayley! Can't believe you are 6 already! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had such fun. The birthday cake is beautiful!!!

Lisa